I can be a little crafty from time to time. Both cunning and beguiling. Artful and designing. ~Fuzz
So Lil Miss has this thing for LOL Dolls. Never heard of them? Well, let me tell you that they are the little girl craze! They come encased in a fizz bomb that seems to increase the screeches and yays as she stands there anticipating which tiny doll is inside.
Yep! That’s the surprise! You don’t know which doll you will uncover. (Hmm, somebody is getting paid for that clever marketing trick). Anyways…. She loves them and I love her, so when she started to complain about your dolls not having a house I had to fix that.
“I can show you how to build a dollhouse out of a box, if you want?”
“Ok! Ok! They need a house.”
“Yes, they do. It will be fun. We can paint the outside and decorate with wall paper.”
“Ok. Or Sweet?”
“You could just buy me a doll house from the store…..”
Well I’m not that kind of Sweet (grandma)! I’m the kind that believes in the promise of art and the hope of creativity! I believe in the courage of projects and the strength of individualism.
Here is Lil Miss and our doll house building materials!
- A box. Big. Small. Two boxes or more. Your dream house should fit to your imagination!
- Scissors. You will use them to cut windows and doors. You can remove the box flaps if you want an open roof or open wall concept.
- Paper! We bought four sheets of designed scrapbook paper. Super cheap but makes great wall paper and flooring.
- Glue. Self explanatory. I used good ol’ Elmer’s glue, because peeling glue off your hands is fun.
- Paint & brushes/sponges. We used these to spice up the exterior.
- Stickers. Every house needs a little artwork. A few personal touches. We accomplished that with scrapbook stickers!
- A kid or a parent. Because let’s face it… Teamwork makes the dream work!!!
“Not so much!” This is exactly why we end up with glue on our hands..lol literally!!
Hope y’all like House #24!
I told Lil Miss’ momma that if she plays with her homemade house, I’d buy her one with furniture and all. I don’t want to waste money on another toy that will get neglected.
Well, she’s uses it a lot. Even makes sure her LOL’S sleep in there at night. Now that’s an attitude of gratitude! Looks like I better get to shopping!!
Disclaimer: This article may include affiliate links. Utilizing them does not result in additional charges for you, but it does allow The Fuzz Blog to earn a few coins to keep the movement going.
🌺🌺🌺🌺Peace & Blessings🌺🌺🌺🌺
🦋🦋🦋 🦋FOLLOW ME🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋
Email me at email@example.com for topics, rates and availability 🦋